5 Kids Travelling Essentials (KiTE)!
Hi everyone!! I'm back!!
So, glad to be back. :) Our family just got back from Mr. Bob's hometown trip which is Limbang, Sarawak. Hauling two kids on a 2 hours journey flying with additional 3.5 hours road trip through a foreign country was NOT easy *of course Limbang is not a foreign country silly, we went through Brunei*. So, should there be any boredom syndrome going on, I just pull out my 5 KiTe. So, without further a do, let's get started!
- Timing Management - Try booking your ticket flight during nap times. During this time, their little bodies are programmed to sleep, so you will have a much less stress time managing your toddlers. For example: Ruzain nap time is around 11.30am, so I booked a flight around 12.00pm to ensure that he sleeps on flight. If your fight duration is much longer, try booking a night time flight. So, you will get a much needed break from your screaming, wriggling toddlers!
- Distractions - Be prepared! I packed a bag full of Ultraman and coins in a small box (don't do this if you child still put things in the mouth) just to distract. Sometimes, this may work, others times it just don't. So, get a couple of things that you know that they like to do and be prepared. For older kids like Farissa, I like to get her some activity book/pack just to keep her entertained.
Sleep sleep sleep
- Choose Airlines which are Kids' Friendly - Some flights (thou shall not mentioned names) are just plain bad! 'Friendly' means, they will prioritize families with children first. They allow you to enter the plane first, get your meals first, comfort kit for free and additional goody bags. Yes, this type of Airliners will be best to travel with kids and make you flying experience much easier!
I just love my goody bag momma!
- Cuddles - Bring one or two of your kid's favorite treasures along. Be it a soft toy, ball, book, something familiar for your children to held on to should they feel overwhelm by their travelling experience.
- Snacks and Tummy Fillers - I couldn't stressed enough to bring their favorite snacks along the way. Yes, in flight cuisine are yucky. Ok sorry, well some are. You can't really depend on that. So, bring along their favorite snacks so that during the 'I will not sit quietly mommy!' momment just pop that out. Ruzain and Farissa will definitely settle down for some chipsmore or oreo cookie! Yummy.
So, good luck trying out KiTE. Let me know should you have more tips to share. :)